Enjoy Two Days of Fresh Food, Local Beer and Vendor Demonstrations
Hillbrook Inn’s Redbook Restaurant and partners from the Taste of the Blue Ridge welcome you to visit the 8th Annual Virginia Herb Festival on June 11 and 12, 2016, hosted by the Sunflower Cottage herb and garden center in Middletown, Virginia.
150 Ridgemont Road, Middletown, VA 22645
- Hillbrook Inn’s Redbook Restaurant Inspires Creativity
The event will feature a variety of local musicians, artists and culinary experts who will provide live cooking demonstrations and tasting opportunities featuring herbs from the Sunflower Cottage. The farm sits on 40 acres of land in the Shenandoah River Valley and was recently expanded to include Backroom Brewery, a farm brewery located right on the property.
Born from Go Blue Ridge Travel, a trip planning guide for the Northern Blue Ridge Mountain region, the Taste of Blue Ridge represents a group of culinary professionals who work together to promote the best food and drink available in the Shenandoah Valley region.
Taste of Blue Ridge menu items at the Virginia Herb Festival will include:
- Magnolia at the Mill (Purceville, VA) – Fresh Oysters
- Redbook Restaurant, located at the Hillbrook Inn & Spa (Charles Town, WV) – Bahn Mi Sandwiches
- Backroom Brewery (Middletown, VA) – Salads, Beer Bread Grilled Cheese and Soft Pretzels
- Nibblins (Winchester, VA) – Homemade Fudge
- Happy Creek Coffee & Tea (Front Royal, VA) – Cold Brew Coffee
*Cost of these menu items will vary per vendor.
The festival is great fun for the whole family centered on the delight of fresh herbs and the agrarian lifestyle. The admission cost for both days is $5.00 per person for adults and children over 12, while children under 12 are free.
Come enjoy amazing cuisine from our West Virginia restaurant & other local favorites!
We look forward to welcoming you rain or shine!