The Taste of Blue Ridge Culinary Trail Series features chefs from the Taste of Blue Ridge Culinary Community collaborating to prepare flavors and textures using fresh and local ingredients from each season.
The first event in the Culinary Trail Series will be a “Root to Table” dinner at Hillbrook Inn’s Redbook Restaurant in Charles Town, West Virginia. The evening includes a five course dinner with the chance to meet and interact with the chef that designed each course. The goal is to provide an unforgettable personal experience and the chance to see first-hand how the Taste of Blue Ridge community of farmers and restaurants collaborates for the love of good food.
“Root to Table” Dinner Menu
- First Course: Baked Rappahannock Oysters prepared by Chef John Lawrence from George’s Food & Spirits in Winchester, VA
- Second Course: Seasonal salad featuring Chef’s Garden and Macintosh Farm produce prepared by Chef Steve Ferrell from the Redbook Restaurant in Charles Town, West Virginia
- Third Course: Locally grown, organic Ayrshire Farm Heritage Breed Beef prepared by Chef Lawrence Kocurek from Gentle Harvest in Upperville, VA
- Entrée: Mangalitsa Pork, Porchetta and Guanciale Summer Vegetable Gratin with an Heirloom Tomato Jus prepared by Chef Erik Foxx-Nettnin from Magnolia’s at the Mill in Purceville, VA
- Dessert: Peach tart with peaches harvested by Macintosh Farm prepared by Chef Susan Dolinar from Nibblins in Winchester, VA
Experience the ultimate expression of food by joining us for this unforgettable event on Saturday, August 19, 2017, starting at 6 p.m. For pricing and booking details, visit https://www.hillbrookinn.com/charles-town-wv-restaurant.html.
For more information about the Taste of Blue Ridge Culinary Community and other event dates, visit http://www.tasteofblueridge.com.